Great project!

Apr 29, 2010 at 7:32 PM
Edited Apr 29, 2010 at 7:33 PM
Just want to say this is a wonderful project! I've been able to implement it into my game without any difficulty. I had some light functionality before, but the shadows with krypton are great!

I have just a few questions:

Is there a banner or image for the project that I can use for before/after game credits?
Are there plans to add different types of lights?
Are there plans to add a lot more options to lights? (like intensity, glow, etc without having to just make a bigger light)
Are there plans for a type of cleaner ambient light?
With the ambient light: I tried making a sunlight light for ambiance but it doesnt seem to work out too well, and with the ambiance I set (I tried a lot of variations of color and alpha) on the krypton engine the whole stage is either too dark or so bright that the lights have no effect. Having a lot of lights in the stage to light the darkest areas seems to create a kind of unrealistic effect of bleeding everything together if the lights arent a different color, and I just cant think of a way I can make a lot of different colored lights look nice in my levels :P

Thanks again for this project! I really enjoy this a lot and look forward to its future!
Coordinator
Oct 26, 2010 at 11:01 PM

enziet,

I believe I have some idea as to what you're talking about with the ambiance, but screenshots would be most helpful in determining what the problem is. I'd love to help, but I'll need some more graphical examples.

Also, since you mentioned adding different lighting options, I'll add that to the to-do list. :)

Post some pics so I can see what you mean :)

- Chris

Coordinator
Oct 26, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Also,

I'll see if I can get a banner to use for copyright info. Is there any size / format you're looking for specifically?

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2010 at 8:39 AM

I've uploaded a small logo as the main image. If you right click and download that, you should receive an alpha-transparent PNG. If you'd like something larger, please let me know.