windows phone 7 version?

May 22, 2011 at 7:35 AM

Hi,

I think it would be great to have a release of this library available for wp7. Is it available?

thanks!

Developer
May 24, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Hi there!

We definitely have some plans to release a wp7 version, but not ETA as of yet. I'm not too sure what would be involved, probably another look over the shaders and some content optimization. I'm opening a ticket in the issue tracker for this. Thanks for the suggestion!

-David

May 24, 2011 at 4:36 PM
Hi, have in mind that the current version of xna does not support custom shaders...

Salutacions,

Jesus Bosch Ayguade
Enviado desde Windows Phone

De: djdindak
Enviado: martes, 24 de mayo de 2011 17:49
Para: jbosch@live.com
Asunto: Re: windows phone 7 version? [krypton:258523]

> From: djdindak
>
> Hi there!We definitely have some plans to release a wp7 version, but not ETA as of yet. I'm not too sure what would be involved, probably another look over the shaders and some content optimization. I'm opening a ticket in the issue tracker for this. Thanks for the suggestion!-David
>
>
Coordinator
May 25, 2011 at 2:17 PM

jbosch,

I'm glad you brought that up. Currently, XNA does support custom shaders, except on the WP7 platform. as a result, krypton would need to be re-written to process shadows on the CPU, rather than the GPU. For this reason, the future WP7 version krypton will be a separate implementation entirely.  It will lose some features, such as blur, but will retain as much of the efficiency currently instilled in Krypton.

Mar 25, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Krypton on wp7 would be awesome! It's definitely an idea worth keeping as this kind of lighting system would be a real eye-candy on the phone :)

Aug 2, 2012 at 5:19 PM
J2V wrote:

would be a real eye-candy on the phone :)

Its real eye-candy on the PC...