Krypton testbed not running

Sep 20, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Hi there,

I got my hands on this not long ago and loaded it into visual studio 2010 to see how it worked.
Every time I tried running it, I would get a different variation of this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/kryptonproblem.jpg/
It would stay on the same frame and that would be all I see, no movement or light effects.

I'm not sure what the problem would be, could it be my hardware or a funny setting somewhere?

Thanks.  I'm keen to give this a shot, looks like a great engine!

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:35 AM
Edited Sep 21, 2011 at 11:37 AM

It seems like the testbed is working as it should, if you press R the lights and hulls move and with L you can see all the objects.

BTW the black stipes you see are shadows that are caused by the hulls but with the black background it may look somewhat strange, if you load in a backgroundimage it will look a lot better.

Coordinator
Sep 21, 2011 at 12:55 PM
Edited Sep 21, 2011 at 12:58 PM

It seems that a better example application  needs to be developed :)

borzale,

TGIXXER is right. Although the example may not seem like it's doing much, Krypton is definitely working - those circles lines and boxes are why krypton does.

Try using the arrow keys to move around one of the light (if that is still enabled), or using the R key to "Randomize" the location of lights and boxes. The H key will outline the shadow hulls, and the L key will draw aabb's around the lights.

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:26 PM
Edited Sep 21, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Ah! That makes more sense now. I thought it was just hanging there and not doing anything.

Went back to it and it makes much more sense now, even reading the code (still pretty new to C#).
The testbed isn't bad, it just needs some text in a corner with the controls to let first time users know what they have to do.

Thanks for the help! Once I get my head around krypton and have something nice to post here I'll be sharing it :)

btw, the arrow keys don't do anything (first thing I tried to be honest :p)