This project is read-only.

MonoGame (OpenGL) port?

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Could someone port Krypton to MonoGame? XNA may be dead but MonoGame is well alive (the latest release was just ten days ago). I managed to get version 2.0 to run without crashing in Windows (OpenGL) by creating two new projects and copying everything. Then I added a MonoGame content project to convert KryptonEffect.fx to a MonoGame effect in XNB.

Note: I copied d3dcompiler_47.dll from C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Redist\D3D\x86 and renamed it to d3dcompiler_43.dll since it was missing; I don't know if this may be a problem.

This effect seems to be the source of the problems. I had to comment out line 440:
ColorWriteEnable = Red | Green | Blue;
In the end all I got was a grey screen, but pressing H or L still showed debug information. Krypton would be a very good addition to MonoGame. I don't know if it's even possible to port it, since ColorWriteEnable seems to be unsupported on MonoGame: https://github.com/mono/MonoGame/issues/1356
Jul 16, 2014 at 11:30 PM
I know this was a bit ago, but I'm currently porting Krypton to MonoGame. I'll have it finished in a couple of days.
Aug 25, 2014 at 3:25 PM
RayBatts wrote:
I know this was a bit ago, but I'm currently porting Krypton to MonoGame. I'll have it finished in a couple of days.
Heya

I'm about to start porting one of my games to android using monogame and would greatly appreciate the ported .fx file for krypton if you ever got it finished (I've changed the library code quite a lot already so am hoping that a port wouldn't need much work there)